Prosafe SE :Prosafe orders harsh environment semi-submersible accommodation rig

Prosafe has entered into a turnkey contract for the construction of a semi- submersible accommodation rig at Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd. in Singapore. The new unit will be the most advanced and efficient harsh environment accommodation rig in the world and will be constructed to comply with Norwegian regulations. The rig will be constructed according to the GVA 3000E design and will be equipped with a DP3 (dynamic positioning) system as well as 12 point mooring arrangement. This will allow for operations in harsh environments both in DP and anchored mode, providing maximum cost efficiency and flexibility. The unit will have the capacity to accommodate 450 persons in single man cabins. GVA is an experienced designer of semi-submersible rigs and its track-record includes numerous vessels operating in harsh environments. The GVA 3000E design is an enhanced and enlarged version of previous GVA designs and incorporates long operational experience. Prosafe currently has three GVA rigs in the fleet. Jurong Shipyard is one of the world's leading constructors of semi-submersible rigs. The yard has to date delivered 13 semi-submersible DP vessels and has three on order. Jurong has delivered a number of other offshore vessels, including vessels designed for operation on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Prosafe has chosen Jurong Shipyard due to its demonstrated capabilities and strong commitment as a rig builder. Delivery from the yard is scheduled for the second quarter of 2014 and all-in cost including yard cost, owner-furnished equipment, project management and financing is estimated at USD 350 million. 20 per cent of the yard cost is payable at signing of the contract, while the remaining 80 per cent will be paid at delivery. The investment can be funded over the current balance sheet without impacting the dividend policy. The contract with Jurong also includes options for two more units, valid for approximately 12 and 18 months, respectively. The new rig is ordered on the back of a positive market outlook. The majority of production installations in the North Sea are in a mature stage. At the same time, many of the larger fields are expected to continue producing well beyond the initial estimated depletion date. This development is supportive for the long-term demand for assets and services related to maintenance, modifications and redevelopments. Furthermore, the recent large discoveries in Norway, combined with continued high exploration effort, indicate strong demand related to hook-up and commissioning activities. With the addition of the new harsh environment rig, Prosafe reinforces its leading position in the high-end accommodation rig segment, strengthening the company's ability to meet clients' needs related to increasingly complex operations in a growing market. Prosafe is the world's leading owner and operator of semi-submersible accommodation/service rigs. Operating profit reached USD 221.1 million in 2010. The company operates globally, employs 500 people and is headquartered in Larnaca, Cyprus. Prosafe is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange with ticker code PRS. For more information, please refer Larnaca, 14 December 2011 Georgina Georgiou, General Manager Prosafe SE For further information, please contact: Karl Ronny Klungtvedt, Chief Executive Officer Prosafe Management AS Phone: +47 908 81 657 Sven Børre Larsen, Chief Financial Officer Prosafe Management AS Phone: +47 909 43 673 Cecilie Helland Ouff, Finance and IR Manager Prosafe AS Phone: +47 991 09 467 This information is subject of the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act. New build - presentation: New build - fact sheet: This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that: (i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and (ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein. Source: Prosafe SE via Thomson Reuters ONE [HUG#1571420]